Ontario Traffic Violation Attorney
Experienced Legal Representation for Canadian Drivers
If you are located in Ontario, Canada and have been issued a traffic violation in New York State, you can fight back against fines, having points added to your driving record, and other penalties. Robert Sinesi Law Firm, located in Syracuse, New York, has focused its practice on traffic violation defense in the state of New York since 1994.
We understand Canadian laws, court procedures, and how to build defenses against such violations. Our success rate in helping our clients has been very high. We encourage you to contact us to discuss your case in a free, initial consultation.
Consequences of Traffic Violations
As an Ontario driver, you face demerit points added to your driving record whenever you are convicted of a traffic violation. These points can then increase your auto insurance premiums.
Examples of the demerit point system to which you may be subject as a fully-licensed driver include:
- Speeding 16 to 29 km/h over the posted limit – 3 points
- Speeding 30 to 49 km/h over the posted limit – 4 points
- Speeding 50 km/h or more over the posted limit – 6 points
- Leaving the scene of an accident – 7 points
- Careless driving – 6 points
- Racing – 6 points
- Failing to stop at a stop sign, traffic light, or railroad crossing – 3 points
- Failing to yield the right of way – 3 points
- Improper right or left turn – 2 points
- Not wearing a seat belt – 2 points
- Failing to obey traffic signs – 2 points
Points will remain on your record for 2 years after you receive them. After accumulating 2 to 8 points, you will receive a warning letter. After accumulating 9 to 14 points, you risk losing your license. When you accumulate 15 points or more, your license is automatically suspended for 30 days. After the 30 days, you must take all necessary tests to get your license reinstated and your points will be reduced to 7.
Handling Cases Throughout New York
We help clients everywhere in New York outside of the five boroughs.
Helped Thousands of Canadian Drivers
We frequently work with Canadian drivers to help them navigate their case in New York courts.
Over Two Decades of Experience
Robert Sinesi has over 25 years of experience handling traffic ticket and DWI cases.
Serving Mandarin-Speaking Clients
Our firm has helped many Chinese clients with their traffic ticket concerns.