Syracuse Commercial Driver’s License Defense Attorney
Common Commercial Driver Traffic Violations in Upstate New York
As a commercial driver, a conviction of 2 serious traffic violations within a 3-year time period will result in the loss of your license for 60 days. If you are convicted of 3 serious traffic violations within that time frame while driving a commercial vehicle, you will lose your license for 120 days.
Serious traffic violations include:
- Reckless driving
- Speeding 15 mph above the limit
- Making improper or unsafe lane changes
- Following too closely (tailgating)
- Violations that are connected to a fatal accident
- Driving a commercial vehicle without a valid CDL
- More serious violations will result in the loss of your CDL for a year.
These offenses include:
- Driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .04 percent or more (DWI)
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving your commercial vehicle with a suspended or revoked CDL
- Being convicted of a felony that involved using a vehicle
- You will face a three-year license suspension for committing any of these violations while transporting hazardous materials.
Fighting for New York State CDL Drivers in Traffic Court
As a commercial driver, having a valid license is crucial to being able to work and earn money. If your license is threatened, the stakes are high. As a commercial license holder, you are also held to a higher standard in the operation of your vehicle by the state of New York. This puts you at greater risk of financial impact when faced with any type of traffic citation.
Turn to an experienced legal professional when you have been cited for any type of traffic violation. At Robert Sinesi Law Firm, we have successfully helped thousands of CDL drivers fight all types of traffic tickets, from moving violations to logbook and other transportation law violations. Our firm has been in the business of fighting for professional and private drivers for 25 years. View our testimonials here.
Handling Cases Throughout New York
We help clients everywhere in New York outside of the five boroughs.
Helped Thousands of Canadian Drivers
We frequently work with Canadian drivers to help them navigate their case in New York courts.
Over Two Decades of Experience
Robert Sinesi has over 25 years of experience handling traffic ticket and DWI cases.
Serving Mandarin-Speaking Clients
Our firm has helped many Chinese clients with their traffic ticket concerns.